Ruby Gemstone: the name Ruby is picked from Latin word ‘Rubrum’, meaning ‘Red’. Ruby is crystallized alumina & gets its dense red color due to small amounts of chronic oxide that replaces some part of alumina without disturbing its trigonal crystal structure.
Also Known As: Manik
Corresponding Astrological Planet: Sun
Color: Shades of Pink to Blood Red
A pigeon blood red colored Ruby is considered to be of the best quality and is very smooth to touch with a fine and sharp cut.
Relation Between Sun & Ruby/ Manik
The corresponding astrological planet to Ruby is the Sun. The Sun, often contemplated as father or king, bestows leadership, bravery, and honor.
A positive& strongly posited Sun in the chart will make the person royal and reputed. However, a weakly placed Sun or Sun in debilitated state or in enemy sign can bring unexpected & inauspicious results. Financial and professional stability can be deeply affected & the person is least likely to get any help from the govt.
Ruby helps in elimination of these negative impacts or in the former case, boost the positivity offered by the Sun for the wearer.
Who Should Wear Manik/ Ruby?
A person with a weak or a debilitated Sun in their birth chart should wear Ruby.
If malefic planets like Rahu, Saturn, or Ketu are posited with Sun, or Sun is placed in 6th, 8th or 12th house of a chart, wearing Ruby gemstone can be very helpful.
Ruby gemstone is also recommended for those who have a Pitra dosha in the chart.
Nonetheless, the horoscope & birth chart of the wearer must be analyzed by an expert astrologer before wearing a gemstone.
CLICK HERE TO KNOW IF YOU NEED TO WEAR RUBY/ MANIK.
Benefits of Wearing Ruby/ Manik
- Ruby is known to bring name, reputation, zeal, virtue, warmth, and leadership qualities to command for its wearer.
- It helps in raising an individual’s status to a greater level than in which he/ she was born.
- Historically, it has been a symbol of love and passion because of its red. Ruby is a hot stone& helps in boosting passion within the wearer’s body.
Effects Of Ruby/ Manik On Health?
Ruby helps in curing ailments & developing body immunity against the following health issues:
- Helps in curing of peptic ulcer, fever, rheumatism, gout etc.
- Can be worn in a ring or in the form of pendent; its continuously vibrating power is absorbed in the individual’s aura. Thus, the character of the wearer becomes stronger & protects the wearer from any obstacle caused by any external negative energies.
- Helps the wearer be more confident and makes them feel lively & full of energy
- Highly recommended for politicians, higher Government officials& authoritative figures
- Ladies are usually advised to NOT wear a ruby; however, results may vary based on your birth chart.
Identifying A Real Ruby/ Manik From A Fake Stone
Here are some effective ways to verify if the Ruby is genuine or a fake:
- Shine: Real rubies glow with a deep, vivid red shine. Fake gems are often dull& significantly less shiny.
- Color: Ruby has a consistent and even color throughout the stone. Fake ones usually have blemishes and impure spots. However, sometimes Ruby can also have imperfections.
- Hardness: Try scratching on the surface of the stone. Substitutes or fakes are much softer than a real ruby& will scratch more easily. Grinding a fingernail or a coin into the surface of the gemstone will help you identify the real ones. If you are able to scratch it, then there is a high possibility that it is a fake stone & not a real ruby. Only a diamond can scratch a ruby.
- Weight: Most fake rubies are less dense than real ones, making them much lighter than the real deal. This can be concluded easily simply by weighing the stone at hand. A fake gemstone will weigh less than a ruby of the same size.
- Price: Ruby is quite an expensive gemstone, & if it is available at a suspiciously low discounted price, then it is quite likely that it might be fake.
METHOD OF WEARING RUBY/ MANIK:
The Most Auspicious Day & Time To Wear Ruby/ Manik
Ruby should be washed with or dipped in fresh milk or Gangajal in the morning. Then while chanting the mantra, it should be worn at sunrise.
The weight of Ruby/Manik should be ideally about 5 or 7 carats. More the weight of Ruby, greater is its effect.
One must wear it on Sunday during sunrise.
Suitable Body Part For Wearing Ruby/ Manik
Ruby should be worn in third or ring finger of right hand.
Women may also wear it as a pendant in a necklace, based on your birth chart.
The Ideal Metal For Embedding Ruby/ Manik Gemstone In
Ruby can be embedded in Gold if the ascendant is Aries, Leo, Sagittarius, or Scorpio.
The gemstone should be embedded or fixed in gold in such a way that the stone touches the skin of the wearer & can thus, channelize its powers in the life of the human being.
The Mantra For Wearing Ruby/ Manik
The Ruby/ Manik gemstone is associated to the planet Sun or “Surya”. Hence, when wearing this stone, one must prey to the planet & the wearer must recite this mantra at the time of Sunrise:
“OM SURYAYE NAMAHA”
9 Important Gemstone Based on Your Moon Sign
|Ruby (Manik)||Pearl (Moti)||Red Coral (Moonga)|
|Emerald (Panna)||Yellow Sapphire (Pukhraj)||Diamond (White Sapphire)|
|Blue Sapphire (Neelam)||Hessonite (Gomed)||Cat’s Eye (Lehsunia)|